Friday 24 September 2010

Instructions on Cooking a Turkey in a Deep Fryer

I wanted to take the time to talk to you about how you can actually cook a turkey with a deep fryer. This is something that you might not have heard of because it just isn't that popular. With that said more and more people are doing it today. I'm used to my grandmothers turkey that is cooked in the oven and I'm not saying that it is bad either. When you actually cook the bird in a deep fryer it is actually really good. I was surprised the first time I tried it, but I was blown away. I'm going to show you how easy it is to cook a bird with a deep fryer.

Basically you have to do this outside. The issue here is that you need a big pot with a lot of oil and it is going to get hot. You do not want this sort of thing in the house. You're going to need a pot, burner and something to light the burner like a propane tank. You're going to set the pot of oil on the burner and you're going to let it heat up to around 325-350 degrees. At this point you're going to put the turkey in the basket and slowly lower it into the oil. Do it slowly because the oil is going to bubble and become volatile.
At this point you just have to wait. It typically takes about three minutes per pound, so you can do the math. At this point, never take your eyes off the pot. We are talking about a lot of oil that is very hot and you don't want a serious accident to happen.







Learn more about deep fryer Turkey Cooking Instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment